WHO WE ARE
Are you up for fun, adventure, incredible experiences and making new friends?
Are you looking for something to give you the edge in life?
Then welcome to the Air Training Corps. We’re a UK-wide cadet force with more than 40,000 members aged between 12 and 20 years.
We’re sponsored by the Royal Air Force and can give you hands-on experience of activities and courses that will challenge and develop your skills to help you succeed in whatever you want to do.
Our aims are to:
• Promote and encourage a practical interest in aviation and the Royal Air Force among young people
• Provide training which will be useful in the Services and civilian life
• Encourage the spirit of adventure and develop qualities of leadership and good citizenship
But the most important part is having fun and meeting many new friends.
Ready for a challenge?
As a cadet you’ll have the opportunity to do things that others only dream about. Our list of activities is long, varied and open to all cadets.
This is just a few of the activities you will get the chance to do;
* Basic and Advanced Foot Drill * Learning Marksmanship Techniques * Model Making *
* Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme * Learning about various Air Force related subjects * Powered Flying *
* Gliding * Adventure Training (including): Abseiling, Canoeing, Hill Walking, MFT (Fieldcraft), Orienteering, Rock
Climbing * Drill Competitions * Various Sports * Target Shooting * Visits to RAF Stations *
Yes it’s a challenge, but that’s what life’s all about.